Ctrl, Alt and Menu keys (was: RE: Thinking about a better UI)

Tim Rowledge rowledge at interval.com
Tue May 18 18:56:55 UTC 1999

On Tue 18 May, Norton, Chris wrote:

> [Norton, Chris]  Hi Lex & Steven.  My earlier e-mail suggested a
> KeyboardPolicy and OsPolicy objects to handle both of these cases.
As has been suggested before, some variety of system description class(es)
would be a useful way to do this. Given the ability to dump objects to a file,
we could simply attempt to load the appropriate file at startup (just like the
#readDocument: does already) and incorporate the settings. FileDirectory
related info, keyboard, mouse, sound, network, all sorts of machine specific
data would be useful to keep in this manner.

--
Useful random insult:- Calling her stupid would be an insult to stupid people.
Tim Rowledge:  rowledge at interval.com (w)  +1 (650) 842-6110 (w)