size of interp.c

Tim Rowledge rowledge at interval.com
Thu May 6 23:54:07 UTC 1999

On Thu 06 May, Richard L. Peskin wrote:
> interp.c is getting large (~1mb now). While this is no immediate problem,
> it is large enough to make code management and development cumbersome; i.e
> try scrolling through the popup function list in Metrowerks IDE.
Well, I suppose one could point out that you shouldn't be looking at the
code in a C environment since it is all neatly there in the image, and the
inlining will make quite a mess of readability. However...

> Is there
> any thought being given to "modularizing" interp.c?
I did do some modularizing a few weeks ago in order to make plugins of all
the serial/midi/socket/sound/etc subsystems. That certainly cuts quite a
bit out. See
http://sumeru.stanford.EDU/tim/pooters/SqFiles/deltas/pluginise.zip for
details. It's 2.3 for now, I'll probably get to 2.4 someday soon. It reduces
the VM size quite noticably as well.

tim

--
Useful random insult:- Sharp, like stone in river.  Swift, like tree through
forest.