Latin-1 support

ohshima at is.titech.ac.jp ohshima at is.titech.ac.jp
Wed May 12 10:00:13 UTC 1999

  Hi,

> Changing Squeak's font set to ISO Latin-1 is a good step IMHO.  Especially
> if Squeak is changed in a way that $Ä "A-umlaut" isLetter --> true etc.

  Yes.  And if an "eszett" character is equal to two "S"es
in the context of case insensitive match:-)

> As this font is created from Microsoft's "MS Comic Sans"
> font (which comes with the InternetExplorer and can be
> downloaded separately from MS's web site) it shouldn't be
> a big problem to create a new strike font without mac
> mapping.

  I vaguely knew that they came from MS, but I
didn't check if I can use/modify them legally.  Thank you
for giving the pointer.

                                             OHSHIMA Yoshiki
                Dept. of Mathematical and Computing Sciences
                               Tokyo Institute of Technology