No more optimizeMorphicScrollbars?

Doug Way dway at mat.net
Fri May 7 04:45:27 UTC 1999

On Wed, 5 May 1999, Carl Gundel wrote:

> I see that the optimize morphic scrollbars preference is no longer supported
> in Squeak.  :-(  I miss it.

I don't think it was ever actually added to the base image.  Maybe it
snuck into one of your 2.3 images which you thought was "clean"? :-)
(I've done this sort of thing before.)

(Or were you saying that you could file it in successfully to 2.4 but not
to the latest 2.4b?  It seems to work with the latest 2.4b for me...)

> I developed that enhancement (I know that Doug
> Way also built on top of it) because the scrollbars were really choppy on my
> machines (a 100MHz 486 and a 133MHz 486).

FYI, my enhancement (which also supports inboard scrollbars in addition
to flop-outs) is still available at:

http://www.mindspring.com/~dway/smalltalk/HiddenScrollBar-dew.cs

- Doug Way
  EAI/Transom Technogies, Ann Arbor, MI