[PWS] PWS only meant for Swiki?

Andrew C. Greenberg werdna at gate.net
Sun May 2 17:43:53 UTC 1999

By the way, as one who has only recently become alive to the virtues
of PWS and built-in Swiki support, let me humbly state what a big
deal this stuff is.  The amount of functionality for the effort to
build one is amazing, and the extensibility is unparalleled.

I am curious how, in practice, a Swiki performs.  In particular, how
practical are these things for communities of several hundred people?

And one simple, silly (in the sense I should probably be able to
figure this out for myself without much effort) question.  Since
Swikis keep lots of past information available to support rollback of
pages, how do I control the bilge when I am comfortable that I have a
stable state?  In particular, how can i get my Swiki to dump old
information?  Will Swiki automatically dump rollbacks after a fixed
number of edits?