Siren 2.4c release

Stephen Travis Pope stp at create.ucsb.edu
Mon May 17 18:27:11 UTC 1999

Hello all,

I almost forgot to announce that there's a new release of the Siren
music/sound tools in http://www.create.ucsb.edu/Siren/ (the readme
page); the sources are in
ftp://ftp.create.ucsb.edu/pub/Smalltalk/Music/Siren/2.4/. There are full
file-in archives and unpacked source directories, the VM source with
MIDI primitives, and pre-built images. Note that I write new source
files, so be sure to up-load the file SqueakV2.4.sources if you want to
use the pre-built image/changes.

Note that Siren is based on the STP12 goodies collection, and uses the
SMS (Squeak MinneStore) database.

If you're on a Windows platform, get the free Aladdin Expander to unpack
..sit.hqx files; it's in
ftp://ftp.create.ucsb.edu/pub/Smalltalk/Music/Siren/utilities/ALEX50.EXE.

There's still something wrong with the source archives (I just noticed
this in testing up-loading and unpacking it on a different platform),
but I'll replace these later today.

--
stp

Stephen Travis Pope | stp at create.ucsb.edu |