Ctrl, Alt and Menu keys (was: RE: Thinking about a better UI)

Bert Freudenberg bert at isgnw.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De
Thu May 20 08:22:56 UTC 1999

On Tue, 18 May 1999, Dino wrote:

> I strongly agree with this one....  I hate the friggin alt key!  It's
> simply so weird to use on a PC box.  Especially in my case since I use
> Linux and I never have to use the Alt-modifier key.  It's all ctrl-this
> ctrl-that in unix.

What Linux do you use? In my Netscape, it's alt-x/c/v for cut/copy/paste,
in my Emacs I copy with alt-w, etc.

That said, I would still also prefer easily changeable keyboard mappings.
Hacking the paragraph editor isn't something I do every day. BTW, did
somebody else notice the US-Mac-specific key bindings in there?

/bert

--
 Bert Freudenberg                                       Department of
                                                        Simulation and