Speak speaks, 2nd release

Hans-Martin Mosner hm.mosner at cityweb.de
Fri May 28 19:52:21 UTC 1999

Hello,
this week I've added quite a bit to the speech synth.
The architecture has been modified quite a bit and now consists of a
processing pipeline where you can switch the elements if you want to
experiment.
I've integrated number and character name reading.
CMUDICT, the freely available pronounciation dictionary, is supported.
You will need to get CMUDICT.0.6 from Carnegie-Mellon and scan it using
the class CMUDict.
The VoiceSynthesizer plugin is not affected, so you can use it as
before.
Before you file in the new stuff, you should remove the category "Speech
Synthesis" because the structure of some classes has changed
significantly.

For download simplification, I've added my SqSpeech shared lib for the
Mac (as a MacBinary file) and Andreas Raab's DLL for windows to the zip
file.

As before, it can be found at
http://www.heeg.de/~hmm/squeak/SpeechSynthesis.zip

Have fun,