[Win32] VM Update

Raab, Andreas Andreas.Raab at disney.com
Sat May 8 23:24:44 UTC 1999

Reinier,

There is no difference in the display handling (in fact there is no
difference in running Squeak as a browser plugin or not ;-) There are two
factors that may affect display performance though - one being that Squeak
just runs in a tiny window (basically VGA 640x480) and naturally, if the
display region is smaller there is less work to do. The second one might be
that there is nothing on the screen - meaning that there is only one Window
(no projects, no other workspaces) and this might slightly affect drawing
speed (though I think this is relatively unlikely). Actually, the biggest
difference I felt was that of image startup which is definitely due to
having the image shrunken before.

  Andreas
--
+===== Andreas Raab ========= (andreasr at wdi.disney.com) ==+
| Walt Disney Imagineering        Phone: +1 818 544 5016  I
I Glendale, CA                    Fax:   +1 818 544 4544  I
+======< http://isgwww.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~raab >========+