Thinking about a better UI

Norton, Chris chrisn at Kronos.com
Mon May 17 17:08:32 UTC 1999

Hi Folks.

At the risk of provoking a lot of people, I'll be try to be gentle.  ;-)

Marcel said: "Because Windows got it wrong..." about the cut/copy/paste key
sequences.

You know Marcel, there isn't much we can do about what M$ did in the past.
However, all of the applications on my Windoze box do the cut/copy/paste
thing the same way; they all use Alt.  In the interest of being "consistent"
with all of the other apps on this platform (and apparently on UNIX too), I
think that the Windoze version of Squeak should likewise use the same key
sequences for this basic activity.

I love Squeak!  I've been using it for months.  But every time I try to
cut/copy/paste I get frustrated!

Just adding my 2 bits...

---==> Chris