[PWS] PWS only meant for Swiki?

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Sun May 2 03:44:19 UTC 1999

On Sat, 1 May 1999, Mark Guzdial wrote:

> The PWS is definitely meant for more than just Swikis.  Bolot Kerimbaev has
> been undertaking an extensive rewrite of the innards of the PWS, and is
> getting some very nice performance numbers for just plain uploads and
> downloads.

Mark, is Bolot using or planning on using Craig Latta's Correspondent's
framework? I've just started playing with it and it is *very* interesting.
Perhaps the most obvious benefit up front is that it supports Berkeley
socket semantics which, I understand, will eliminate the simultaneous
access problem.

Cheers,
Bijan.