pluggable primitive(S)?

Tim Rowledge rowledge at interval.com
Thu May 13 16:33:17 UTC 1999

On Thu 13 May, Dana Anthony wrote:
> I am suggesting this with zero actual experience writing pluggable
> primitives, but, couldnt you
> write just ONE pluggable primitive like so:
[lots snipped]
Well, you _could_ but it would be much more useful to write a general system
call with parameter conversions and return value re-conversions. Sort of a
DLLCC-lite. Oddly enough, I'm sure at least one person has actually done this
for one or other of the PC OS's but I can't recall if it was NT, w95 or OS/2
nor who it was. I did a version for Acorn, and Stephen Pair( I think) did one
something like that for Mac.

tim

--
Don't be sexist; broads hate that!