Squeak for Windows CE

Ivan Brusic ivan at cc.gatech.edu
Fri May 7 16:02:00 UTC 1999

On Fri, 7 May 1999, Bolot Kerimbaev wrote:

> Several people were successful running Squeak on WinCE devices. There's
> an interface inconvinience, though: the screen format (height greater
> than width), and you'll need to tweak a lot of prefs to make it work
> right. Also, some devices (as I recall) do not track the stylus, and
> Squeak relies on cursor tracking to detect focus.
>
> Here's a link from http://squeak.org
> http://www.sugarWeb.com/Miniatures/Files/WinCE/WceToday.htm
> The latest version compiled is 2.2, but it shouldn't be too hard to
> compile a 2.4, provided WinCE supports PLLs (pocket DLLs :)

According to the web page, the Win CE version of Squeak runs only on HPCs
(PDA with keybaords).  However, when I met Andreas Raab a couple of weeks
back, he stated that this was not true, and that the WinCE Squeak runs
also on PPCs.  Has anyone run Squeak on a PPC?  I have a Casio E-10, and
I will just love to have Squeak running on it.

Ivan

--

Ivan Brusic                        |  "Computers are nothing but a perfect
Graduate Student                   |   illusion of order" - Iggy Pop