Squeak on Windows CE

Markus Kohler markus_kohler at hp.com
Thu May 27 10:12:59 UTC 1999

Hi,
After getting my HPJornada 420 last week, I finally had the time to try out
Squeak
on it. I downloaded sqCERun.zip (585Kb)  and sq22CEVM.zip (180Kb) from
ttp://www.sugarWeb.com/Miniatures/Files/WinCE/WceToday.htm

Unfortunately I couldn't get it running.

I first copied all files from sqCERun.zip   to a new directory on my Jornada.
When I try to start the VM executable
with one argument it always pops up a windows saying it could not find the image
file, and I should try drag and
drop or double clicking on the image. Unfortunately drag and drop doesn't semm
to be support for P/PC's and I have not
yet found out how to specify the association for Smalltalk image files.

I thought I should be able to start squeak by calling the executable with the
first argument being the image name,
but that doesn't seem to help.

The VM from sq22CEVM.zip also didn't work. The Jornada just gives back an error
saying that it's not a valid executable.

Can anybody help me to get it running ?

Markus
Markus Kohler  mailto:markus_kohler at hp.com