Linefeeds in Squeak source code

Norton, Chris chrisn at Kronos.com
Tue May 11 23:05:51 UTC 1999

	Bob Jarvis said:

> Perhaps if the code which accepts changes and writes them to the .changes
> file could be modified to eliminate LF's that would get you to the 99.9%
> stage.  Just a thought.

	[Norton, Chris] I tend to agree with Bob.  I often cut and paste
from e-mail, MS Word, other Smalltalk images (like VSE) into Squeak.
Because I work on a Windoze box, I might be pasting in some LF characters.
If the "accept" code auto-converted all CRLF combinations into CR's, this
problem would go away.

	I also agree with the suggestion of adding a small header on the
..changes and .sources files.  It's a common practice to introduce
self-checking codes into the start of a large file.  The codes could
include: file type, file size, Squeak version, etc..

	---==> Chris