Squeak 2.4b keeps Crashing

Raab, Andreas Andreas.Raab at disney.com
Tue May 4 01:35:38 UTC 1999

Folks,

I want to ask a favor of those of you guys who had the crashes when running
Squeak on Windows Laptops - could you please download an updated VM version
from

http://isgwww.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~raab/squeak/bin/Squeak24bEXP.exe

This VM has a couple of extra checks in the virtual memory support code
(which seems to be the problem on those laptops) and should be capable of
reporting what the actual problem with those machines is. If you're getting
any message boxes talking about virtual memory problems, please write down
the messages exactly (including any hex numbers!) and send me a message so
that I know what to fix.

Thanks a lot,
  Andreas

PS. If the VM crashes and you get none of the error messages let me know
this, too. It means that my guess about the source of the problem is wrong.

--
+===== Andreas Raab ========= (andreasr at wdi.disney.com) ==+
| Walt Disney Imagineering        Phone: +1 818 544 5016  I
I Glendale, CA                    Fax:   +1 818 544 4544  I
+======< http://isgwww.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~raab >========+