No more optimizeMorphicScrollbars?

Carl Gundel morphic at hotmail.com
Wed May 5 19:45:00 UTC 1999

I see that the optimize morphic scrollbars preference is no longer supported
in Squeak.  :-(  I miss it.  I developed that enhancement (I know that Doug
Way also built on top of it) because the scrollbars were really choppy on my
machines (a 100MHz 486 and a 133MHz 486).  I would imagine a lot of 68K Mac
users and WinCE users are seeing similar choppiness.

Was the feature causing some trouble?  I'd be glad to put some energy into
fixing any bug it was causing.  :-)

-Carl

The original enhancement (which still seems to work when filed into Squeak
2.4) is located at:  http://world.std.com/~carlg/scrloptimiz.18Feb1054pm.cs