"better" index to the mailing list archive?

joe davison joda at interaccess.com
Wed May 26 02:39:43 UTC 1999

Hi,
  I no longer have time to subscribe to this mailing list, but
from time to time I like to drop by the archive to see how things
are progessing.

  I just tried it and find it difficult to deal with because I'm
presented with the oldest messages first and even the index only
presents 20-100 messages at a time, oldest first.  I got tired
of hitting "next page" before I got beyond mid 1998.

 Perhaps some links that start in the list at least at the beginning of
each year (or month even) could be created to
ease getting to more recent messages?  If not, could the date
index be switched to go from latest backwards?

I probably won't see the replies, since I'm not subscribed, but
I'll check back periodically.  (Hmmm, will it even post the message?)

Thanks.

  joe davison