update 1164

Richard L. Peskin rlpcon at vermontel.net
Mon May 3 20:08:32 UTC 1999

At 10:46 AM -0700 5/3/99, Dan Ingalls wrote:
>Guys -
>
>This is almost certainly a problem with your .changes file, most likely
>due to erroneous text conversion during download or unpacking.  The
>selector-has-changed error is complaining during a recompilation,
>indicating that your prior source code is not in good shape.  You can
>verify this by browsing to Process>>resumeProcess *before* attempting to
>update.
>
>I have run the same update without error, and have verified that the
>update in question is identical on each of our redundant servers.

Just so we are all on the same wavelength, I downloaded 2.4b again. First I
used the "packaged" MacBinary (Squeak2.4b.sea.bin). I got the same (update
1164) selector error again, even with the freshly downloaded .changes.

I then downloaded the uncompressed .changes file (Squeak2.4b.changes)
directly from the archive. Using this copy of the .changes, I was able to
update (including 1164) with no problem.

Don't have clue as to why.
--dick

R. L. Peskin,  Rutgers Univ.
;<peskin at caip.rutgers.edu>;<http://www.caip.rutgers.edu/~peskin>