Thinking about a better UI (volume of discussion)

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Thu May 20 13:40:04 UTC 1999

Peter> I repeat my offer: if anyone wants 'news' access to this group,
Peter> where it is possible [depending on your newsreader] to kill
Peter> threads and therefore not see followups, please mail me
Peter> directly.  If there's enough interest, I'll set up a private
Peter> newsgroup with access passwords to try to prevent general spam
Peter> on the list.

Or, you can upgrade to GNUS, the mail/news-reader inside GNU Emacs,
which reads mailing lists as if they were news under a unified model.
Scorefiles... threads... etc etc.  Very nice.

Email: <merlyn at stonehenge.com> Snail: (Call) PGP-Key: (finger merlyn at teleport.com)
Web: <A HREF="http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/">My Home Page!</A>
Quote: "I'm telling you, if I could have five lines in my .sig, I would!" -- me