[BUG] Bug in PostScript code generation

Marcel Weiher marcel at metaobject.com
Wed Nov 24 16:12:02 UTC 1999

> From: Russell Swan <swan at hayman.cs.umass.edu>
> I ran across a bug in PostScript when calling "print PS to
file..." in the
> World menu. The .eps file displays fine in ghostscript based
interpreters
> (MacGS and ghostview) but generates an error message on Adobe
postscript
> interpreters (HP printer and xpsview on SGI) (error of typecheck
on image,
> operator of setcolorspace).

The typecheck occurs because the interpreter is expecting integers
but getting floats.  My PS changeset collided with another change in
2.6, a new #roundTo:  implementation that will convert integers to
reals.  It should be fixed in the 2.7alpha update just sent out by
Dan.

The setcolorspace is a Level 2 command that doesn't exist in older
Level 1 implementations.  The update should also provide cover
implementations.

As I do not have a Level 1 printer handy, it would be interesting
for me wether the update works for you.

Regards,

Marcel