[UPDATES] 11 more for 2.7alpha

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Mon Nov 29 23:40:07 UTC 1999

Folks -

Herewith a number of changes, the bulk being four files relating to Forms in Scamper.  I fired up Scamper and observed some problems, so we may have garbled  things a bit, or it could be an interaction with Worlds-in-Worlds that get used now if you open Scamper in an MVC world.  Anyway, please try it, and I'll turn around any necessary fixes ASAP.

Also note that AlignmentTweaks makes changes to 4 central methods in AlignmentMorph.  I have tested these, but there may be repercussions in other applications.  It should at least be faster.

Enjoy
	- Dan
--------------------------
1661veryDeepCopy-hg -- Henrik Gedenryd with tweaks by Ted Kaehler -- 24 November 1999
When copying many small structures, the variable check's 'once-in-a-while'
becomes way too often, so I changed this to use time intervals instead, since the need is related to the programmer changing the code.
	Ted set the time interval to 10 minutes. The idea is to flag it while the programmer is still looking at it.
Also, I've given each class a chance to set the initial size of the array, so that when an object of class X is called, if you know that as a rule of thumb it contains just a small object hierarchy or uses many shallow copies, you can set a smaller size. (It will always grow if needed.) This one alone gave a 400% speedup for a very small structure.
Beside the speedups, I have also added copying of dependents to veryDeepCopy. (Only applies to MVC.  Morphic has its own dependents inst var.) This slows down the copying a bit, esp. checking for 'backward' dependencies, so that objects that have the source as a dependent also gets the copy as one (unless the source is copied too; then that copy gets it). The whole DependentsFields structure is scanned once per group of objects copied.
	Also fixed veryDeepCopy of a live Browser.
	Also fixed Float.closeTo: for NaN and Infinity."

1662InterpVersion-ar -- Andreas Raab -- 27 November 1999
Make the version accessible from which the interpreter was generated.
NOTE TO VM IMPLEMENTORS: The system attribute 1004 has been assigned to return the VM version. A string named 'interpreterVersion' is now being exported by sq.h and should be returned upon queries to Smalltalk>>getSystemAttribute: 1004. "

1663FileListBugFix-sge -- Steve Elkins -- 28 November 1999
Parameterizes 2 very similar FileList methods, #addNewDirectory and #addNewFile, as well as removing the same bug from each, that pushing the cancel button in the FillInTheBlank dialog gave a walkback."

1664HandMorph-changeColor
Better positioning of ColorPicker for desktop

1665AlignmentTweaks -- Dan Ingalls -- 25 November 1999
An attempt to stamp out rampant redisplay in Alignment morphs when very little is really changing.

1666FlexDragFix -- Dan Ingalls -- 28 November 1999
Restores flexed dragging that was disbled by update #1596.
Also fixes the offset used.

1667ScamperForms-Fixes1 -- Bolot Kerimbaev and Lex Spoon -- 26 November 1999
Minor tweaks, make Scamper form handling more like industry web browsers:
- drop down list (enhancement)
- select list defaults to size 1
- select list of size 1 uses drop down list
- separate display and value options for lists
- text area defaults to size 20x2
- text area to use inboard scrollbars
- password field support (as regular text)
- checkbox now supported
- form starts from/ends with a new line"

1668Forms-bf -- Bert Freudenberg -- 4 November 1999
Prerequisites:	Forms	(Bolot/Lex)
				buttons-bf	(myself)
Makes checkboxes and radiobuttons in Scamper forms look like checkboxes and radiobuttons."

1669MIMEDocEnh

1670ScamperForms-Fixes2 -- Bolot Kerimbaev -- 27 November 1999
Some more fixes and enhancements for Scamper:
- password font (all chars=$*)
- upload form field support
password font is generated each time it is used"

1671FreeCell-satisfaction -- David Pennell -- 29 November 1999
change contains: to anySatisfy: due to changes made in update 1619."