patching base classes-Volunteers needed!

Torge Husfeldt jean-jaques.gelee at gmx.de
Sun Nov 21 20:37:39 UTC 1999

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01BF3468.A236B280

Hi Folks!
Randal,
You were right with your supposal to do it myself.
By now this project has pretty much advanced.
My new method
    THTest>>purgeIsKindOfFromImage
breaks down the number of #isKindOf: message sends from 478!!
(in a clean 2.6 image) to 25. I consider the code as beta so feel free
to make a backup copy of your image before testing anything.
After filing in the attached changeSet evaluate the following
in a workspace:
Smalltalk allCallsOn: #isKindOf:
   (Cmd-p)
THTest new purgeIsKindOfFromImage.
Smalltalk browseAllCallsOn: #isKindOf:
    (Cmd-d)

Any comments welcome.

> As they say in any open source project:

>         "Patches Welcome"
>
> :-)
>
> Of course, in this case, it'd be "file-ins".  But same idea.
>
> --
> Randal L. Schwartz - Stonehenge Consulting Services, Inc. - +1 503 777
0095
> <merlyn at stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
training!

P.S.: This code comes with no warranty whatsoever. Either express or implied
including
but not limited to ..... bla bla bla .- You do everything on your own risk.
P.P.S.: The smaller list of senders of #isKindOf: comes in handy to find
some
possible slips or typos in the system's code (see Morph>>findA: vs.
Morph>>subMorphOfClass).

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01BF3468.A236B280

0,1497,2,10423,0,

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01BF3468.A236B280--