is ANSI a good thing?

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Wed Nov 10 16:45:02 UTC 1999

At 8:30 AM -0500 11/10/99, Stefan Rieken wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Because we have had this discussion about Self, and because the Squeak
>developers are trying to get rid of the Model-View-Controller paradigm,

Uh, what makes you think that?

>I wonder if it would limit Squeak's open mind to comform to any
>standards.

Blue *and* pink planes!

>Maybe the only reason why we're still stuck with MVC and other things is

I'd replace "stuck with" with "blessed with". I *like* having both. And
MVC, for the moment, much more responsive than morphic. On a PDA, it can
make quite a difference (older machines too).

Plus, the MVC approach is *interesting*. It's worth preserving and enhancing.

Plus, you don't really need to use it if you don't want to. So, what's the
problem?

Folks, please go back and read my post subjected (;)) "Squeak (Central's)
"Acception system"". It contains a statment from Dan about the value of
backward/cross compatibility. We needn't heedlessly sacrifice one
(comptability) for the other ("innovation"/"experimentation").

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.