Distributed Squeak? Actors?

Todd Nathan todd.nospamski. at palomablanca.net
Sun Nov 14 04:40:21 UTC 1999

Carlos,

Well I think Jitter is being developed, but version 1 and 2 have
been dumped/modified to become the framework for version 3.
Other than this, and what was shown at the Sqk/ST OOPSLA BOF
in Denver, I don't know much more.  It looks cool, look very nice
and easy to port (as the native code/prims were about 2 pages
or so of assembly I believe, and I think it can be C also if the
person wants it, my ignorance is overshadowed only by my
enthusiam for this nifty thing called Squeak).  I dont' have much
more than this, so others may want to chime in at any moment
now and set the record straight on J3 (Squak, Squack, Smack,
Andele and/or Arrrrrrrrrriba [my favorite]).

\t