Self 4,1 for MacOs?

Helge Horch Helge.Horch at munich.netsurf.de
Fri Nov 5 01:57:34 UTC 1999

At 17:04 04.11.99 -0500, Stephen Pair wrote:
>A while back, someone implemented some exploratory code that allowed one to
>create and clone objects ala Self.  Anyone know if that stuff has
>progressed?

Hans-Martin Mosner's "ProtoObjects"? Dunno, it should be available at
 <http://www.heeg.de/~hmm/squeak/System-Prototypes.st>

Another interesting approach was outlined in Kent Beck's "Guide to Better
Smalltalk". (The Digitalk model: Basically, instances wouldn't carry a
class reference anymore. Instead, they'd refer to an array of
MethodDictionaries. These would know which class - if any - coined them.)

>I'm very interested in seeing Squeak become a little more Selfish.

<g> I guess it's on several folks' ToDo lists.

HTH,
Helge