[ENH??? Oops] Re: Weak references

Henrik Gedenryd Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se
Tue Nov 30 14:33:30 UTC 1999

--MS_Mac_OE_3026820810_1247337_MIME_Part

OK,

An added feature ;) If you want it to actually work instead of breaking
things, you have to execute a method that converts the existing
DependetsFields dictionary to the new format:

Object makeDependentsWeak

I have placed this in the postscript to the new version of the changeset.
Now I'm actually going to wait a little while before posting this, to see if
there's anything else.

Oh wait, I found something... Never do collect: or select: into a WeakArray,
because the contents may disappear very quickly! The issue is #species,
which with the current dependents implementation must be non-weak sometimes
and weak sometimes. The current solution is therefore not very pretty. But
hopefully it works better now.

The bottom line is, forget the first change set and use this one.

Henrik (fingers crossed)

--MS_Mac_OE_3026820810_1247337_MIME_Part

0,1820,2,12076,164,

--MS_Mac_OE_3026820810_1247337_MIME_Part--