Q: What makes Morphic slow?

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Mon Nov 22 21:12:40 UTC 1999

The same behavior Dean described for WinCE is also shown on my normal
Windows VM.  A 1-to-1000 loop of "Sensor mousePoint" needs about 6.3
seconds regardless whether there're atoms bouncing or not.  The loops
completely stops with atoms.

If I press a mouse button while the loop is executes, the time drops to 0.2
seconds or less.  The loop doesn't affact the bouncing objects much.

Disabling the "Reduce CPU" VM preferences switch helps alot here...

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust  //  Bevor wir fallen, fallen wir lieber auf.