port to m68k - where is it

Bruce ONeel beoneel at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 23 13:38:39 UTC 1999

Hi,
  As John Maloney answered already, there is already a mac m68k VM for
Squeak, ie, it's built from the same source as the PPC one.  There are
two additions to the SqC mac 68k binarys that people have made.

1 - I built the two shared libaries for a mac68k WITHOUT a FPU.  Why?
My 68k system is a LC040, ie, one without a FPU.  The Play With Me
with the bunny is too slow to be useful, but, it does work.  These
shared libraries are included with the Mac bundle that I build and put
on the FTP site.

2 - John M McIntosh built the VM and the shared libraries for a mac
with a FPU.  This is the version that I'll add to to the mac bundle if
it doesn't look like it will be too confusing, else I bundle it separatly.

An amiga port would be great!

cheers

bruce