page width

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Nov 11 13:48:51 UTC 1999

Bijan Parsia <bparsia at email.unc.edu> wrote:
> At 9:19 PM -0500 11/10/99, Eric Ulevik wrote:
>
> >    Obligatory on-topic observation: Can't I read HTML email in
Squeak?
> > If not, should be easy, right?
>
> Right now, you can't. But you're right that it's pretty easy to hack
up.

Celeste does this.  I don't remember which changeset.  You're right that
it's very simple, given an email reader and an HTML formatter and a
wonderful language to tie them together with.

I think I'd rather read enriched-text email, however.  enriched text is
more minimal, only having basic things like boldface and centering.
Plus enriched text can *always* be converted to a text-only format.

Lex