Command Line Workspace (was RE: Language implementation inSqueak)

Bert Freudenberg bert at isgnw.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De
Thu Nov 18 14:46:53 UTC 1999

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Scott Wallace wrote:

> A little-known fact about Squeak workspaces is that Cmd-ENTER is a
> synonym for "print it".

The unix vm does not generate ENTER keyboard events at all. ENTER and
RETURN used to be the same. I must admit I liked it that way, but for
trying I just added the line to recognize the keypad enter key as ENTER. I
still don't like it, because that key is so far away. Is there a reason
not to use Cmd-RETURN for "print it"? And, is there anyone who actually
uses ENTER as synonym for Cmd-s when accepting code?

  -Bert-