Squeak and ST in general (& Director)

Christian Langreiter c.langreiter at tirol.com
Fri Nov 19 12:48:28 UTC 1999

> I've also been a long time user of Director, and
> Squeak is the answer to many a multimedia developers
> dream.

Yes, it really is, our wildest dreams finally come true ;-) I'll now
concentrate on prototyping some (multi)media apps I always wanted to
build but was regularly put off by the authoring environments (or the
steep learning curve associated with their 'advanced' features
[resulting most times in rather cumbersome implementations] - IMO,
though there's certainly a lack of documentation, learning about
Smalltalk objects by watching/testing their behaviour seems so
natural...). Well, with Squeak it's just so true that the only limit is
one's imagination and knowledge.

Best regards
    Chris