example network apps?

Mahler Thomas thomas.mahler at karstadt.de
Tue Nov 2 08:43:08 UTC 1999

Hi,

In my spare time I'm working on InfoAgent for Squeak.
I intend to provide automatic and "intelligent" support for information
retrieval on the Web.
Including:
- Tracking changes of arbitrary Web-Documents
- MetaSearch engine that can be configured to "tap" any Search-engine on
the web
- Bookmark management (not completed, but on the way).

Feel free to download and play with it:
http://www.techno.net/pcl/tm/squeak/ThMa-InfoAgent.st

I modified some of the HTML base classes for extraction of urls from
HTMLDocuments so that it will be easy to build a webspider engine based
on InfoAgent. I¥m planning to work on this when I¥m finished with
InfoAgent.

enjoy,

Thomas