port to m68k - where is it

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sun Nov 21 22:32:39 UTC 1999

> Hi,
>
> To the guy who posted once that he had made a port of Squeak to Mac m68k
> / Linux m68k: would you please add yourself to SqueakPorts:
>
> http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak.271
>
> ...and have your port added to the ftp sites etc., so that I, and others
> with me, can find your port?
>
> I myself could only find the following info and don't know if it is wise
> to point at it as the "official" m68k port...
>
> http://macos.tuwien.ac.at/Squeak/Linux%2Fm68k
> Thanks,
>
> Stefan

That was me, however I can't say any porting was really done. All that is
required is to install the newest unix source on Linux. I'll make sure Ian
has the one or two changes to the install script, and get him to update his
documentation. Since most people who have linux have the compiler etc etc I
assumed they'd want to compile from source versus doing binaries, thus I've
not attempted to supply a binary.

Custom Macintosh programming & various Smalltalk dialects
PGP Key: DSS/Diff/46FC3BE6
Fingerprint=B22F 7D67 92B7 5D52 72D7  E94A EE69 2D21 46FC 3BE6