[REQUEST] updated documentation

Gerardo Richarte core.lists.squeak at core-sdi.com
Mon Nov 22 16:54:36 UTC 1999

Alan Kay wrote:

> constructed, but there is still not a real Morph browser -- moreover, I
> think all would agree that there could be much more of a theory for larger
> useful tools, and then we could build a very nice
> browser/inspector/explorer/debugger that would make crystal clear how
> things are organized and used.

	Hi Alan, while I don't dare to say that 'it is the way to go'... have
YOU ever seen MorphicWrappers working? With MorphicWrappers everything
is integrated... I mean: we, who use MorphicWrapper a lot, don't need
browsers, inspectors, workspaces and explorers all the time (I didn't
say enything about debuggers), we just need them for special purpouses
(such as exploring a parse tree, or browsers for features still not
implemented, for example).

	You can use a ClassMorphicWrapper to place a Class in a PasteUpMorph
(AKA WorldMorph) and them, double click the class, select the method you
want to change, place the code pane (in a system window) wherever you
want in the world, change the code, accept the changes, go on... or,
type a symbol name and then drop it over the class to create a new
instance variable or class variable (depending on the case of the first
letter).
	You can get a method from a class and drop it over another class to
move/copy it there.
	You can also ask a Project to place all its classes on the world, so
you can see what classes are modified in this project, ask a class for
its subclasses, add a new subclass to a class.. etc.
	Everything this is not only ready to be used, but being used for one
year now.

	ok, hope you like it.

	Hopefull Bye!
	Richie++