Command Line Workspace (was RE: Language implementation in Sq

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Wed Nov 17 22:16:56 UTC 1999

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999 13:34:06 -0800 (GMT) Tim Rowledge <rowledge at interval.com> wrote:
>....all of which reminds me of a neat tricklet we used in the RTOSmalltalk stuff
>here at Interval; 'code' URLs. I suspect the PWS could easily be tweaked to
>handle a similar construct. IIRC, we used something like :-
>code://machine.id/3+4
>which would hopefully return 7...

It's close to there now. The CodeServer serves up methods/classes/comments, etc:

process: request
	"Return the source code from Smalltalk, as text or as a chunk.
URLs are of this form.  Each may have 'chunk' or 'smtlk' as the thing after the slash
	machine:80/smtlk.Point|min;
	machine:80/chunk.{Class}|{selector}
	machine:80/smtlk.{Class}|{selector}
	machine:80/smtlk.{Class}|class|{selector}
	machine:80/smtlk.{Class}|Definition
	machine:80/smtlk.{Class}|Hierarchy
	machine:80/smtlk.{Class}|Comment
NOTE: use ; semicolon instead of : colon in selector names!!!"

wouldn't be hard to extent this to arbitrary code.

Cheers,
Bob