[Q] getting updates for off-line Squeak images...

Norton, Chris chrisn at Kronos.com
Tue Nov 9 23:16:44 UTC 1999

Many thanks to Ivan, Bob & Scott for the quick & painless replies!

I would have updated the Swiki with this great information, but somebody
beat me to it!

See:  http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak.24

Cheers!

---==> Chris

PS>  I did discover a [tiny] caveat in the scheme that Scott's described.
If your image's last update was number 1559 and the next update file is
number 1578 (this was the case with my 10/16/99 base Squeak 2.6 image), the
automatic update will not find the update in your update folder.  However,
after renaming the 1578 update to 1560, all went well -- the update was
sucked in & life was good!  Thanks again!