Luciano's Speech for Mac (Squeak Portability Rules!)

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Nov 11 14:54:27 UTC 1999

If you haven't played with Luciano Notarfrancesco's image at
http://members.xoom.com/koblac/speech-Sep29.tar.gz you're missing something
amazing -- facial animation, speech (and singing!), and synchronized
animated figures (who look alot like South Park characters :-) who sing!
Thanks, Luciano!!

What I'm amazed at was that I generated the synthesizer plugin source from
his image, compiled it for the Mac (using the MPW instructions that Andy
Greenberg provided us, and just modifying his TestOSAPlugin.make file), AND
IT WORKED THE FIRST TIME!  I had singing South Park characters in Squeak on
my Mac!  Very cool.  I've placed the plugin at
http://guzdial.cc.gatech.edu/squeakers/Katt.sit

Mark

(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu