is ANSI a good thing?

R. A. Harmon harmonra at webname.com
Wed Nov 10 15:37:19 UTC 1999

At 02:30 PM 11/10/99 +0100, you wrote:
[snip]
> the Squeak
>developers are trying to get rid of the Model-View-Controller paradigm,

Without MVC, Squeak would most like not be a suitable dialect for my purposes.

>Maybe the only reason why we're still stuck with MVC and other things is
>because of compatibility reasons and because of the Smalltalk-80 and
>ANSI standards (just a thought).

MVC is a well know and usable framework implemented in number of dialects
and used by a a large number of applications and tools that could be
productively employed by the Squeak community in achieving the vision of
future that is Squeak.  ANSI compatibility can also help in this respect, I
think.

--
Richard A. Harmon          "The only good zombie is a dead zombie"
harmonra at webname.com           E. G. McCarthy