[UPDATES] 4 more for 2.7alpha

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Wed Nov 24 07:56:13 UTC 1999

Folks -

You may have noticed a greater pace of updates.  I'm hoping (with Dwight's help) to get caught up soon, and to put out 2.7 in early Dec.

My hope is that 2.7 will include most of the namespace code, but it will not be enabled.  There will be a few doits that will run around reorganizing all the classes into name spaces, activating them, and swapping them out into image segments so everyone can play with this and critique it before we have to depend on it.  Also, we'll try to include the framework for exportable projects so that can all be tested as well.

Here are the latest...
--------------------------
1634grabScreenTweak-sw -- Scott Wallace -- 23 November 1999
If when using Dan's grabScreenAndSaveOnDisk feature you end up having selected no bits, this tweak makes your excursion gracefully become a no-op instead of dropping you into a debugger, leaving a phantom file on disk, and leaving an old-maid message-box on the screen.
Thought of positively, this provides a straightforward way to back out of the grab-from-screen-and-save-on-disk operation, without side effects that require subsequent cleanup."

1635nextPrevCat-sw -- Scott Wallace -- 23 November 1999
In a category pane of a Viewer, if the user hits the next or prev arrow, the next or previous category that is *not already showing* is installed.  This is in response to a recommendation from Kim Rose and Wendy Carmical, among others."

1636PostscriptFixes-mpw -- Marcel Weiher -- 15 November 1999
Fixes several bugs:
1. new roundTo: converts integers to floats, so check for integer-ness first.
2. Postscript font modification code now removes UniqueID, in conformance
   with PLRM (and to remove incompatibilities with Ghostscript)
3. The generated Postscript should now be Postscript Level 1 compatible, although some features ( most notably transparent images and images with CLUTs) won't have the desired results."

1637FixDblClickGrab-di -- Dan Ingalls -- 23 November 1999
If a morph subscribed to double-clicks, and then wanted to be grabbed by the first drag: event (this is proper procedure), it used to be grabbed with an offset if the hand was in motion.
This change fixes that.