running headless on Unix

Craig Latta Craig.Latta at NetJam.ORG
Fri Nov 12 16:20:24 UTC 1999

	Thanks for the responses!

	I wasn't clear before... I built the headless Unix VM okay; I need to know what people usually do to the image before running it headless. Currently with an unmodified Squeak2.6.image I get a SqueakDebug.log with:

***

12 November 1999 8:14:19 am
Float>>/
WindowingTransformation>>applyInverseTo:
ColorSystemView(StandardSystemView)>>resizeTo:
ColorSystemView(StandardSystemView)>>makeMeVisible
ColorSystemView(StandardSystemView)>>displayDeEmphasized
ColorSystemView>>displayDeEmphasized
[] in ControlManager>>restore
OrderedCollection>>reverseDo:
ControlManager>>restore
ControlManager class>>startUp
[] in SystemDictionary>>send:toClassesNamedIn:
OrderedCollection>>do:
SystemDictionary>>send:toClassesNamedIn:
SystemDictionary>>processStartUpList
SystemDictionary>>snapshot:andQuit:
ScreenController>>snapshotAndQuit
ScreenController>>yellowButtonActivity
ScreenController>>redButtonActivity
ScreenController(MouseMenuController)>>controlActivity
ScreenController(Controller)>>controlLoop
ScreenController(Controller)>>startUp
[] in ControlManager>>activeController:
[] in BlockContext>>newProcess

***

	It doesn't seem like a big mystery, but I wanted to find out what the common practice is, if any.

	thanks again,

-C

p.s.

	The switch to autoconf, etc. made it build smoothly on my OpenBSD box... cool!

--
Craig Latta
composer and computer scientist
craig.latta at netjam.org