Smalltalk and CORBA

Xu Wang xwang at parcplace.com
Sat Nov 20 01:04:52 UTC 1999

Although adding a IDL binding to S2S is not a big deal, but I think
S2S is good enough for me right now. Personally, I'm more interested
in advanced distributed applications and less interested in STANDARDs ;-).
S2S is just a small building block I need to have to build something eles
(it is purely personal hobby).

If you want a CORBA ORB to talk to other CORBA ORBs,
port SmalltalkBroker may be the way to go.

BTW: if anyone is using S2S and want better performance (e.g. 10ms/percall),
send me a email and I'll try to make a patch for you.

-xwang