Morph browser discussion

Alan Kay Alan.Kay at disney.com
Mon Nov 22 19:03:30 UTC 1999

At 7:47 AM -0800 11/22/99, Adriano wrote:
>Well, as correctly Alan Key noted, the lack of documentation was explicitly
>choosen by the few guys who built all this because of the fear to be
>overwhelmed by questions and claims before being ready for it.

Not exactly. The main reason is that we are very shorthanded for our goals
-- so we try to spend as much time as possible making the system.
     We haven't called attention to a number of parts of the system -- such
as the children's programming environment -- because we are not ready to
support questions and problems (it happens that there is a fair amount of
documentation for how to use the children's environment, but, as a group,
we are not quite ready to encourage widespread use of this part of Squeak).

Cheers,

Alan