B3D busted on Linux?

Patrick Giagnocavo a222 at redrose.net
Wed Nov 3 06:57:28 UTC 1999

Luciano Notarfrancesco wrote:

> Duane,
> I got the same problem with my 3D facial animation stuff. I have a texture for the face, but the colors look wrong (I get a bluish face). It's strange. If I display the texture on the screen doing
>     texture displayAt: 100 at 100
> it looks correct, but in the face it's wrong.
> However, the bunny's texture (not the ground) seems to display the same in the bunny's body than in the screen... I don't know why.
>
> Let me know if you find what's happening...
>
> Luciano.-

I am curious about the bitdepth you are running at, and which X
server you are using for display.  The XF86 X servers sometimes have
problems when running in 24bpp (16.7 million colors) - but I can't
remember if the problems show up when running in packed (3 bytes for
one pixel) or non-packed (4 bytes for one pixel) mode.

You might try running in a different color depth, like 16bpp, to see
if the problems disappear, or if new oddities emerge.

Cordially

Patrick Giagnocavo
a222 at redrose.net