[UPDATES]

Bert Freudenberg bert at isgnw.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De
Sat Oct 30 00:05:34 UTC 1999

On Fri, 29 Oct 1999, Dwight Hughes wrote:

> It would get a bit confusing if others sent [UPDATE] or [UPDATES]
> messages since one expects to be able to use the "update from server"
> mechanism in Squeak to retrieve any [UPDATES].

That was the initial intent of Dan's [UPDATE] prefix - to allow a mirror
to fetch the updates asap. For example, I set up our mirror to check
nightly for new updates, but the list is also grepped for an [UPDATE]
without a "Re:" so the fetching starts immediately. Works fine (although
the ftp-access seems to have gone so currently http-mirroring is used).

  /bert