[NEWBIE]using the compiler for active squeak pages

Vandendriessche, Frederik frederik.vandendriessche at eds.com
Tue Oct 19 05:53:36 UTC 1999

------_=_NextPart_000_01BF19F6.4D3F72DA

'Advanced newbie' question:

Once every month I find a couple of days for squeaking, and last weekend
I got stuck while building my web app platform;  I need to use the compiler
(at least I think I do) but I don't know how.  (I took a look at how Bolot
is doing
it in his Comache (looks like a great enhancement for Mark's PWS!:-) But I
could
not yet start the server...)

Here's the deal; I have an object called webInterface. A webInterface gets
called by the requestHandler of a WebObject; the webobject sends
expandFor: aRequest for: self to the interface.

the expandFor: aReq for: anObj methods should look like this:

  blockStreamToExecute _ '[:aReq1 :anObj1 | 'hardcoded.....interfacecode',
self code, 'hardcoded.....interfacecode]'
  ^ (Compiler evaluate: blockStream contents)
and return a string (html or xml or js or...)

I know I need to send value: with: to the block, but I don't know how or
where.

The hardcoded interface code, and the code set using this webinterface,
should be able to access the request's and object's
properties and methods.

Can anyone help me implementing this is 'proper' squeakish ?
Thanks !

Frederik.

PS:  The web app platform is a personal project,
this has nothing to do with my employer's projects...
(unfortunately?)

Frederik Vandendriessche
System Engineer @ E.Solutions
EDS Belgium, Brussels
e-mail	Frederik.Vandendriessche at eds.com
tele	phone		..32/0 2 711 37 83
	fax		..32/0 2 711 39 47

----
"I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can tell you I did not have C++
in mind."

Alan Kay
----

 <<Frederik Vandendriessche.vcf>>