TeamTool/Version-Management for Squeak?

Michael Rueger Michael.Rueger.-ND at disney.com
Thu Oct 21 01:27:04 UTC 1999

Doug Way wrote:

> CVS handles versioning based on source code files, not classes or methods.
> This works reasonably well if your development environment just consists
> of separate source code files, e.g. C++.  Typically you might have all of

One way a Web based CVS would help immediately is to store all the
contributions and change sets there.
Most of the Squeak packages/goodies even updates come as a single change
set file and could be stored and versioned using CVS.

> So, I tend to think some sort of source code database (image?), similar to
> ENVY, would be better.  (Of course, ENVY does have some problems with its

I agree with you in regards to a local (possibly team) environment.

Michael

--

 "To improve is to change, to be perfect is to change often."
                                            Winston Churchill