Squeak Mentioned On O'Reilly

JArchibald at aol.com JArchibald at aol.com
Sat Oct 9 22:09:09 UTC 1999

--> 10/9/99 4:53:16 PM EDT, tyrrell at canis.uiuc.edu -->
<< What a crock >>

I agree completely!

However, it would be nice to be able to say:
    (1) there was an accessible scripting language somewhere within Squeak
        (for composition of platform dependent function)
        [I think this could take a substantial amount of new primitive
development]
    (2) Web hosters were willing to run Squeak based servers
        (without heavy-duty special arrangements)
        [I think someone would have to see the possibilities of establishing
        a server within a current domain hosting provider and
        resell Squeak hosting to others for competitive rates].

I am jealous as hell of academics who can run PWS, and even better,
experiment with server ideas (based on PWS, or whatever) within an open
source framework and usable by the world.

Jerry Archibald
systemObjectivesIncorporated
----
Walk tall, talk Small.