Improved chat for Squeak PWS?

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Oct 20 15:19:42 UTC 1999

We also found that the chat became unwieldy when five or more people were
chatting, at least on a PowerMac 7100.  If they all get on at about the
same time, they all refresh at about the same time, and the server just
gets whumped with all these people requesting pages at the same time.  For
30 or more people (say, a class size), it's not useful.

It's an interesting demo, I think, but not practical as-is.

Mark