Access to Squeak mail-list archives

Ted K. Ted.Kaehler at disney.com
Fri Oct 22 15:32:30 UTC 1999

Folks,
	There have been changes in the organization of the Squeak server at
UIUC.  Perhaps this is why archiving is broken.   If the person who has the
power to fix this could please contact me for details, we may be able to
get it working again.

--Ted.

>Sender: aran at meme.hokudai.ac.jp
>Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 02:09:35 +0900
>From: Aran Lunzer <aran at meme.hokudai.ac.jp>
>To: kaehler2 at webpage.com
>
>Hi -
>
>I'm really enjoying getting into Squeak, and thinking about using it as
>my research platform for the next year or two, so...
>
>It would be good to be able to read the mailing list archives.  Now,
>according to the main page at http://www.squeak.org/ these should be
>available at
>
>    http://squeak.cs.uiuc.edu/mail/squeak/
>and http://squeak.cs.uiuc.edu/mail/squeak-annc/
>
>but if I try either I get something like
>
>"Forbidden
> You don't have permission to access /mail/squeak/ on this server.
>
> Apache/1.3.6 Server at squeak.cs.uiuc.edu Port 80"
>
>What's especially frustrating is that pages from these sites turn up
>regularly in my AltaVista searches relating to Squeak.  Is there
>somewhere else to find them?
>
>Many thanks -
>
>Aran
>--
>Dr Aran Lunzer              aran at meme.hokudai.ac.jp
>Meme Media Laboratory       lab: +81 11 706 7262 / fax 7808
>Hokkaido University
>Sapporo 060-8628, JAPAN     http://ca.meme.hokudai.ac.jp/people/aran/

Ted Kaehler,   Walt Disney Imagineering, R&D
(home) 3415 Cork Oak Way, Palo Alto, CA  94303.  voice (650) 424-1070
http://www.webPage.com/~kaehler2/
Anything you have to sit in a classroom to learn, is something the human
brain is not really set up to be good at.  -- paraphrase of Steven Pinker